Word to the wise, online power shoppers: If a company offers to sell you a $6 box of “bullsh*t” and explicitly states that you’ll be receiving “literal feces, from an actual bull,” you’re probably going to end up with some cow poop in your mail box. In a move to mock Holiday consumerism and the […]...
Pabst Blue Ribbon may be synonymous with hipster culture, but it wasn’t always that way. The working class beer was in the sales dumps until a man named Ted Wright helped reinvent it. Wright is founder and managing partner at the Atlanta-based word-of-mouth agency Fizz, and the story of how he helped turn Pabst Blue Ribbon around is the stuf...
- September 5, 2014
- advertising, b2b, b2b social, b2b-vancouver, business, Content Marketing, contest, gap, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, marketing, marketing-vancouver, media, social, social contesting, social media
Gap is going social for its new back-to-school campaign. The retailer has launched “GapKids Class of 2014,” a global contest inviting parents to submit photos of their kids for the chance to be featured in a 2015 GapKids marketing campaign. Gap said it’s the “next generation” of Casting Call, a program that invited parents to upload [&he...
- July 16, 2014
- Content Marketing, Marketing, Social Media
- content, Content Marketing, Followers, marketing, social media, social-marketing, social-marketing-vancouver, social-media-management, social-media-marketing, vancouver
Content marketing is one of the biggest challenges and opportunities for both business and consumer brands today. As brands look to expand their reach online and engage audiences beyond ‘interruptive’ advertising, they’re increasingly looking to cultivate shareable content that is informative, entertaining and interesting. Marketers regularly...
- July 8, 2014
- Marketing, Social Media
- brand, content-marketing, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-vancouver, social, social media, social-media-vancouver, video, Virality
We share things online every day — a cool DIY project, something that made us laugh, or a picture of a cute animal. We propel our ideas into the vast space known as the Internet, and become one tiny factor of a much larger process known as virality. SEE ALSO: 5 Ways Social Media is […]...
- May 26, 2014
- advertising, b2b, b2b social, b2b-vancouver, brand, branding, business, canada, Communications, content-marketing, creative, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing, marketing-van, marketing-vancouver, PR, Rogers, ROI social media, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, seo-vancouver, social media, social-media-small-business, vancouver, vancouver-marketing
This article originally appeared in MarketingMag.ca Rogers Communications has appointed Dale Hooper its chief brand officer following the announced departures of John Boynton and Shelagh Stoneham earlier this week. The move is part of a wide-ranging shakeup of its executive suite. Hooper was previously senior vice-president, marketing and insights ...
- March 11, 2014
- Marketing, SEO, Social Media
- advertising, b2b-vancouver, branding, business, content-marketing, data, facebook, google, ladder, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, listening, marketing, marketing-vancouver, media, ROI social media, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, social, social media, social-data, social-listening, social-media-small-business
Originally published by Marketing’s Russ Martin. Follow him on Twitter @russless and @Marketing_Mag For all the insights social media data offers, there’s still plenty it can’t tell you. And if marketers fail to set social data in context, it can actually send them in the wrong direction, according to Alexandra Samuel, vice-president of s...
- January 18, 2014
- Branding, Case Study, Logos, Marketing, Website Design
- b2b-vancouver, brand, branding, business, content-marketing, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, marketing, marketing-vancouver, posh, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, shopping, tours
Posh Shopping Tours crafts an intimate shopping experience. Paired with a tour of some of Vancouver’s most scenic places, this shopping tour crafts a unique shopping experience for all budgets and styles. Posh Shopping Tours needed a new website and branding overhaul. Aimed at Vancouver’s Vibrant Tourism scene, the website and branding ...
- January 7, 2014
- Articles, Marketing, technology
- 2014, anti, anti-spam, anti-spam-law, bill c-28, brand, branding, business, c-28, canada, content-marketing, content-marketing-vancouver, email, email-marketing, email-marketing-vancouver, email-strategy-vancouver, ladder, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, law, marketing, marketing-canada, marketing-vancouver, ROI social media, social-media-small-business, social-media-vancouver, spam, spammers, vancouver
It’s been years in the making, but Canada’s anti-Spam law (Bill C-28) is finally coming into effect this year. After 3 years in the making, the law will come into effect July 1, 2014 is widely known as The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. Previously, Canada was the only G8 nation without an […]...
- December 31, 2013
- Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Stategies
- advertising, advice, b2b, b2b-vancouver, brand, branding, business, content-marketing, creative, decision-making, decisions, entrpreneur, fatigue, help, informed, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, marketing, marketing-vancouver, social, social-media-management-vancouver, social-media-small-business, social-media-vancouver, vancouver
We’ve all been there, trying to make a (seemingly) tough decision while battling emotional fatigue and clouded by the opinions of others. When it comes time to make the call, or even in that split second moment, you make the decision then only 30 seconds later you may have made the wrong choice. Anyone who’s […]...