How to Win Content Marketing in 2015
Every year around this time, Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs release a report that covers the trends we saw in content marketing the year before. From effective strategies used by North America’s top content marketers, to the valuable data they use to analyze their success, here we can have a look at some of the stats that the best content marketers are reporting.
As more businesses are seeing the necessity to have a content marketing strategy, we can see a real trend over the year before in businesses using the power of the social internet to drive sales, push advertising, and to speak their minds.
Here are the top take aways that we learned from last years analysis of B2B content marketers:
- Engaging with social media prospects is a must. Around 43% of all marketers found new customers via LinkedIn.
- 91% of users use Linkedin to distribute content – it is the most widely used social media platform among B2B marketers. (Companies use an average of six social media platforms to distribute content).
- Generating original content is a must – companies that regularly blog generate more leads than companies that don’t.
- Companies that have a documented social media / content strategy are the most successful – 86% of the effective content marketers have someone in charge o content strategy.
- Developing multimedia content, such as informative graphics and videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%.
- Within the next five years, social media marketing budget will double.
- Customer service is more important than ever – 88% of those surveyed say an online review influenced their buying decision.
- The top challenge to effective content marketing strategy was time.
- 58% of B2B marketers plan to increase their content marketing budget in 2015
- Mobile ad revenues increased by 145% in the second-half of 2013. Advertisers have discovered a way to make mobile ads effective.