- June 23, 2014
- advertising, anti-spam, business, CAN-SPAM, canada, CASL, content-marketing, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladderupinc, legislation, marketing, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, spam, Spam Act
Approaching July 1 when the first aspects of the law come into effect, companies have been taking advantage of their last days in which unsolicited e-mails are permitted to ask customers, prospective customers, recipients of newsletters, and others for consent to contact them in the future. But it’s more than just a last-minute administrative hea...
- May 26, 2014
- advertising, b2b, b2b social, b2b-vancouver, brand, branding, business, canada, Communications, content-marketing, creative, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing, marketing-van, marketing-vancouver, PR, Rogers, ROI social media, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, seo-vancouver, social media, social-media-small-business, vancouver, vancouver-marketing
This article originally appeared in MarketingMag.ca Rogers Communications has appointed Dale Hooper its chief brand officer following the announced departures of John Boynton and Shelagh Stoneham earlier this week. The move is part of a wide-ranging shakeup of its executive suite. Hooper was previously senior vice-president, marketing and insights ...
- April 10, 2014
- advertising, angela rodenburgh, anti-spam, b2b, b2b social, brand, branding, business, CAN-SPAM, canada, canada-spam, canadian spam laws, CASL, content-marketing, ladder, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderupinc, marketing, marketing-vancouver, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, social-media-management, spam, vancouver, webinar
The new Canadian and American Anti-Spam laws known as CASL and CAN-SPAM will make tough new changes to the ways businesses can send emails. Watch our webinar as we explain these new changes, and how marketers can prepare for them. Statistic: “Among U.S. marketers surveyed, 57.6 percent said they were unaware of the new act. […]...
- February 28, 2014
- advertising, anti-spam, b2b, b2b-vancouver, branding, business, canada, canada-spam, content-marketing, email, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderup-marketing, ladderupinc, legislation, marketing, marketing-vancouver, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, social-media-small-business, spam, vancouver, victoria
While the Canadian federal government’s anti-spam legislation is not yet in force, many businesses are starting to prepare for compliance. The law is broad; it applies to any electronic message that is sent, routed, or retrieved using a computer system in Canada, and the penalties for non-compliance are steep. Virtually every person and busin...
- January 9, 2014
- Branding, Social Media
- advertising, brand, branding, business, canada, coffee, content-marketing, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing, ROI social media, social media, social-ads, social-gifting, social-media-management, social-media-management-vancouver, social-media-small-business, social-media-vancouver, starbucks, starbucks-social, starbucks-tweet, twitter, vancouver
After a successful launch in the US, Starbucks’ social gifting program “Tweet-A-Coffee” has come to Canada. It allows one Starbucks user to send a coffee to another Starbucks user by sending them a tweet and including the twitter handle @tweetacoffee. Both users must first sync their twitter accounts to their Starbucks account onl...
- January 7, 2014
- Articles, Marketing, technology
- 2014, anti, anti-spam, anti-spam-law, bill c-28, brand, branding, business, c-28, canada, content-marketing, content-marketing-vancouver, email, email-marketing, email-marketing-vancouver, email-strategy-vancouver, ladder, ladder-up, ladder-up-inc, ladder-up-marketing-vancouver, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, law, marketing, marketing-canada, marketing-vancouver, ROI social media, social-media-small-business, social-media-vancouver, spam, spammers, vancouver
It’s been years in the making, but Canada’s anti-Spam law (Bill C-28) is finally coming into effect this year. After 3 years in the making, the law will come into effect July 1, 2014 is widely known as The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. Previously, Canada was the only G8 nation without an […]...
- August 22, 2013
- advertising, brand, branding, canada, canada-marketing, canadian, canadian-branding, canadian-business, canadian-marketing, canadian-tire, case-study, ladderup, marketing, play, tire, we-all-play
In a new marketing campaign, Canadian Tire is encouraging Canadians to get out and play. The national Retailer has launched it’s nationwide campaign that is encouraging kids to get out there and play, using the slogan, “We all play for Canada”. The new program has been in the works since early this year when Canadian Tire [&helli...
- April 30, 2013
- Branding, Marketing, Uncategorized
- brand, brand-identity, branding, canada, canada's-favourite-brands, canada-favourite-brand, canadian-business, content-marketing, favourite-brands, hortons, ladder-up, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing, social media, social-media-management-vancouver, social-media-small-business, social-media-vancouver, tim, tim-hortons, vancouver
Every year Canadian Business releases its survey of the top Canadian and International brands as ranked by Canadians. Based on seven different criteria such as products, innovation, services, leadership, citizenship, performance, governance, and workplace, the survey shows us which brands Canadians feel most strongly about. This years survey ranke...