For a long time, brands have been trying to fit in with the young and hip. It is these young and savvy cool-kids that are promoting the culture and creating awareness through the internet and social media. However those who promote culture and brands often are those who most don’t want to be told what […]...
- August 7, 2013
- Branding, Marketing, technology
- b2b, brand, branding, brands, business, content-marketing, google, google-glass, ladder-up, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing, marketing-vancouver, samsung-gear, tech, vancouver, wearable-tech
Google Glass, Samsung Gear, it seems that with companies snatching up patents for wearable technology, it may not be so far off in the future that we are all wearing our tech. With the ubiquitous smartphone now firmly implanted in the palms of millions of users around the world, firms are now looking to develop […]...
- July 23, 2013
- Branding, Creative, Marketing, Social Media, Stategies
- branding, content-marketing, ladder-up, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing, marketing-vancouver, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, seo-vancouver, social media, social-media-management, social-media-management-vancouver, social-media-small-business, vancouver
When Instagram launched video last month, the tension was practically palpable as community managers scrambled to find clever uses for the new feature. Directly competing with Vine’s 6 second video loops, video for Instagram took a slightly different approach with 15 second videos that don’t loop. When video for Instagram launched, many...
Most people doing marketing aren’t qualified to do it. The small business owner, the restauranteur, the freelancer – most of these people are marketing themselves, and aren’t doing a very good job at it. Of course there are many tools out there that allow you to make a lot of noise and get lots of […]...
- July 8, 2013
- Facebook, Marketing
- branding, facebook, graph, ladder-up, ladderup, marketing, search, seo-vancouver, social-media-vancouver, vancouver
Facebook is launching graph search today. Announced last January, Graph Search is Facebook’s advanced search engine that allows you to search your Facebook social graph for people, places, things, and photos. Graph search allows you to ask specific questions like “Which of my friends live in Vancouver”. Facebook claims that the ne...
- July 2, 2013
- Marketing, Social Media, Uncategorized
- BRIAN SOLIS, business, conversation, conversation-prism, marketing, media, PATH, prism, social, social media, vancouver
The social media landscape seems to change daily with new social networks and tools emerging, and old ones falling by the wayside. When the conversation prism was introduced in 2008, there were 22 social media categories, each with just a handful of brands. Five years and four versions later, this years conversation prism outlines a […]...
- June 28, 2013
- Facebook, Social Media, Uncategorized
- Instagram, sharing, social-marketing-vancouver, social-media-small-business, social-media-vancouver, twitter, vancouver, video, Vine
After Instagram’s surprise launch of video last week, the question that was on everyone’s mind was “well what about Vine?”. Twitter’s popular Vine service allows users to share 6 second video clips that play in a loop. Launched in January 2013, Vine has seen a rapid growth in users, and proved popular with those wantin...
- June 5, 2013
- advertising, Branding, Marketing, Stategies, Uncategorized
- b2b social, brand-design, brand-reputation, branding, branding-vancouver, content-marketing, ladder-up, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing-magazine, marketing-vancouver, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, social-media-management, social-media-small-business, strategy, vancouver, vancouver-marketing
We all remember being a kid and having a teacher tell us that it’s important to have a good reputation. Well in marketing, a good reputation is more than just important, it’s everything. Each year Marketing Magazine partners with Leger to produce a survey of hundreds of Canadian brands to produce a list of who […]...
- May 30, 2013
- advertising, Marketing, SEM, SEO
- ad, ad-words, advertising, b2b-vancouver, click, content-marketing, google, google-ads, ladder-up, ladder-up-van, ladder-up-vancouver, ladderup, ladderupinc, marketing, marketing-vancouver, pay, pay-per-click, pay-per-click-advertising, per, ROI social media, search-engine-marketing-vancouver, sem, sem-vancouver, seo, seo-vancouver, social media, strategies, vancouver, words
Earlier in the week we were talking about SEO and SEM strategies that can help you increase the visibility of your website. This week we’d like to take it a layer deeper, and start explaining how these strategies can help tie in with an Ad campaign to take your marketing strategy to the next level. […]...