Tips for improving your email marketing
Email marketing is a great way to build loyalty, trust, and brand awareness. Done right, an it can improve your brand’s reputation across the board. Done wrong, and you can lose valuable brand ambassadors. Here are a few ways to improve your email marketing campaign.
1. Are you making it past the junk folder? – Many email service providers (ESP’s) will no longer guarantee delivery to your recipients inbox anymore. To make sure your email blast makes it past the junk folder, you must maintain a healthy email list. An engaged list will help with your deliverability.
2. Are you optimized for mobile? – Make sure your messages are short and your design is clean enough that it fits on a mobile screen.
3. Use Analytics – Track your clicks and opens across a series of emails, as opposed to just one email. You will get a better sense of how your audience is engaging with your content, and how they are interacting with your messages over time.
4. Integrate Social Media – Give your Facebook followers a simple sign in form, and have a sign up form on your website. Share your content across your social networks, and have share icons in your email campaigns.
5. Grow your email list – Maintaining a healthy email list is one of the best ways to increase engagement long term. Check the size of your list with each campaign to ensure you have a healthy list.
6. Make it easy to opt-in on your website. – A simple and clean design on your website will make it easy for people to sign up. Feature it prominently alongside your twitter and Facebook icons, and have a clear call-to-action that will make people want to sign up.